Chocolate Cookie Cups
These chocolate cookie cups make an attractive serving vessel for your favorite ice cream or sorbet.
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup cake flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 1/2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 drops almond extract
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Coat 4 baking sheets with cooking spray. Line with parchment paper or foil and coat with cooking spray.
- Combine granulated sugar, flour, cocoa, confectioners’ sugar and salt in a food processor. Pulse until combined. Add egg whites, oil, butter, vanilla and almond extracts and process until smooth.
- Make 2 cookies on each baking sheet: spoon 2 tablespoons batter for each cookie, spreading with the back of a spoon into 6 1/2-inch circles; leave at least 2 inches between cookies.
- Bake only one sheet of cookies, until centers are firm and dry to the touch, about 10 minutes. (Do not underbake.) Have a muffin tin ready.
- Immediately lift parchment or foil from baking sheet and place on a work surface. After 30 seconds, carefully slip a long, flat metal spatula under each cookie to loosen. Cut paper in half and return one cookie, on the paper, to the baking sheet. Place in oven for about 1 minute to soften cookie. Quickly but gently press cookie into muffin tin, pleating the edges. Repeat with the other cookie.
- Transfer cookie cups to a wire rack to finish cooling. Repeat with remaining batter.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Per cookie: 87 calories; 1 g fat (1 g sat, 0 g mono); 3 mg cholesterol; 19 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 1 g fiber; 19 mg sodium; 46 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
Potato salad is a favorite summer dish, but classic versions...
It’s no wonder that the Mediterranean diet is considered to...
Enjoy the world’s healthiest diet with these delicious...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Berries and fresh summer fruit star in our healthy homemade...
Pork tenderloin is an easy and healthy addition to your...
Our healthy pepper recipes, including recipes for bell...
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
For a quick and healthy dinner, make one of our easy stir-fry...
While nothing quite beats eating quickly boiled or grilled...
From healthy blueberry muffins and blueberry pancakes topped...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique