Chocolate Cookie Cups
These chocolate cookie cups make an attractive serving vessel for your favorite ice cream or sorbet.
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup cake flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 1/2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 drops almond extract
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Coat 4 baking sheets with cooking spray. Line with parchment paper or foil and coat with cooking spray.
- Combine granulated sugar, flour, cocoa, confectioners’ sugar and salt in a food processor. Pulse until combined. Add egg whites, oil, butter, vanilla and almond extracts and process until smooth.
- Make 2 cookies on each baking sheet: spoon 2 tablespoons batter for each cookie, spreading with the back of a spoon into 6 1/2-inch circles; leave at least 2 inches between cookies.
- Bake only one sheet of cookies, until centers are firm and dry to the touch, about 10 minutes. (Do not underbake.) Have a muffin tin ready.
- Immediately lift parchment or foil from baking sheet and place on a work surface. After 30 seconds, carefully slip a long, flat metal spatula under each cookie to loosen. Cut paper in half and return one cookie, on the paper, to the baking sheet. Place in oven for about 1 minute to soften cookie. Quickly but gently press cookie into muffin tin, pleating the edges. Repeat with the other cookie.
- Transfer cookie cups to a wire rack to finish cooling. Repeat with remaining batter.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Per cookie: 87 calories; 1 g fat (1 g sat, 0 g mono); 3 mg cholesterol; 19 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 1 g fiber; 19 mg sodium; 46 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
Don’t be fooled: granola sounds healthy, but it's often high...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Summer's bounty of fresh berries invites creativity. From...
Fiber-rich okra is delicious, whether pickled, roasted or...
From healthy blueberry muffins and blueberry pancakes topped...
If you’re following the Paleo Diet then you know that you...
While nothing quite beats eating quickly boiled or grilled...
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
Add these healthy and delicious recipes to your gluten-free...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
When the produce section looks bleak, turn to the freezer....
If you’re craving an easy dessert tonight, we have just what...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
Potassium plays a vital role in keeping your heart healthy...
Go beyond the gin and tonic this summer and mix up cocktails...
- Preparation/ Technique
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- 8 or more