Chocolate Cookie Cups
These chocolate cookie cups make an attractive serving vessel for your favorite ice cream or sorbet.
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup cake flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 1/2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 drops almond extract
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Coat 4 baking sheets with cooking spray. Line with parchment paper or foil and coat with cooking spray.
- Combine granulated sugar, flour, cocoa, confectioners’ sugar and salt in a food processor. Pulse until combined. Add egg whites, oil, butter, vanilla and almond extracts and process until smooth.
- Make 2 cookies on each baking sheet: spoon 2 tablespoons batter for each cookie, spreading with the back of a spoon into 6 1/2-inch circles; leave at least 2 inches between cookies.
- Bake only one sheet of cookies, until centers are firm and dry to the touch, about 10 minutes. (Do not underbake.) Have a muffin tin ready.
- Immediately lift parchment or foil from baking sheet and place on a work surface. After 30 seconds, carefully slip a long, flat metal spatula under each cookie to loosen. Cut paper in half and return one cookie, on the paper, to the baking sheet. Place in oven for about 1 minute to soften cookie. Quickly but gently press cookie into muffin tin, pleating the edges. Repeat with the other cookie.
- Transfer cookie cups to a wire rack to finish cooling. Repeat with remaining batter.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Per cookie: 87 calories; 1 g fat (1 g sat, 0 g mono); 3 mg cholesterol; 19 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 1 g fiber; 19 mg sodium; 46 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
If you want to make the spread at your next party look...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you’re looking for a new recipe to make for your Fourth of...
Put a fresh twist on your classic American fare with this...
From grilled chicken recipes to chicken salad recipes, our...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
To round out your summer meal, enjoy one of our healthy...
Enjoy all the fruits and vegetables summer has to offer with...
What's a picnic without coleslaw and a salad? Our healthier...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Beat the heat this summer with these easy recipes for your...
Fire up the grill, pull out the lawn chairs and celebrate...
Whether you’re in the mood for a sweet or salty snack, our...
We know summer can be a busy time of year, but be sure to...
Turmeric most often appears in Indian cuisine, as its flavor...
Cut saturated fat when you bake by swapping some of the...
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour