Chocolate Cookie Cups
These chocolate cookie cups make an attractive serving vessel for your favorite ice cream or sorbet.
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup cake flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 1/2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 drops almond extract
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Coat 4 baking sheets with cooking spray. Line with parchment paper or foil and coat with cooking spray.
- Combine granulated sugar, flour, cocoa, confectioners’ sugar and salt in a food processor. Pulse until combined. Add egg whites, oil, butter, vanilla and almond extracts and process until smooth.
- Make 2 cookies on each baking sheet: spoon 2 tablespoons batter for each cookie, spreading with the back of a spoon into 6 1/2-inch circles; leave at least 2 inches between cookies.
- Bake only one sheet of cookies, until centers are firm and dry to the touch, about 10 minutes. (Do not underbake.) Have a muffin tin ready.
- Immediately lift parchment or foil from baking sheet and place on a work surface. After 30 seconds, carefully slip a long, flat metal spatula under each cookie to loosen. Cut paper in half and return one cookie, on the paper, to the baking sheet. Place in oven for about 1 minute to soften cookie. Quickly but gently press cookie into muffin tin, pleating the edges. Repeat with the other cookie.
- Transfer cookie cups to a wire rack to finish cooling. Repeat with remaining batter.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Per cookie: 87 calories; 1 g fat (1 g sat, 0 g mono); 3 mg cholesterol; 19 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 1 g fiber; 19 mg sodium; 46 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
If you’re planning a holiday party this year, make...Celebrate the new year with EatingWell’s best healthy recipes!...
Eating a meatless dinner on Thanksgiving opens up a world of...Find inspiration for healthy holiday dining and entertaining...
Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Try one of these 5-minute, healthy smoothie recipes for a...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Eating too many added sugars may be taking a toll on our...
Indulge in something sweet with our delicious vegan dessert...
Black bean soup and black bean chili are delicious,...
Whether it’s breakfast, lunch or dinner, healthy wrap recipes...
If you’re looking for a budget-friendly option for dinner,...
Pull out your crock pot and make a delicious and hearty slow-...
Packed with iron, dietary fiber and thiamine, oats are a...
If you’re trying to cut back on carbs or are following a low-...
Apple pie is a favorite fall dessert and pumpkin pie is an...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique