Chocolate Cookie Cups
These chocolate cookie cups make an attractive serving vessel for your favorite ice cream or sorbet.
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup cake flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 1/2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 drops almond extract
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Coat 4 baking sheets with cooking spray. Line with parchment paper or foil and coat with cooking spray.
- Combine granulated sugar, flour, cocoa, confectioners’ sugar and salt in a food processor. Pulse until combined. Add egg whites, oil, butter, vanilla and almond extracts and process until smooth.
- Make 2 cookies on each baking sheet: spoon 2 tablespoons batter for each cookie, spreading with the back of a spoon into 6 1/2-inch circles; leave at least 2 inches between cookies.
- Bake only one sheet of cookies, until centers are firm and dry to the touch, about 10 minutes. (Do not underbake.) Have a muffin tin ready.
- Immediately lift parchment or foil from baking sheet and place on a work surface. After 30 seconds, carefully slip a long, flat metal spatula under each cookie to loosen. Cut paper in half and return one cookie, on the paper, to the baking sheet. Place in oven for about 1 minute to soften cookie. Quickly but gently press cookie into muffin tin, pleating the edges. Repeat with the other cookie.
- Transfer cookie cups to a wire rack to finish cooling. Repeat with remaining batter.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Per cookie: 87 calories; 1 g fat (1 g sat, 0 g mono); 3 mg cholesterol; 19 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 1 g fiber; 19 mg sodium; 46 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
Onions are the perfect accompaniment to almost any savory...
Pesto is an easy way to add flavor without tons of extra...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Coffee is a healthy and flavorful addition to many desserts...
Coconut is a sweet addition to many healthy breakfast recipes...
The health perks of coffee only add to it's appeal for coffee...
If you’re looking for healthier food to enjoy during the...
Lentils are a versatile, budget-friendly and healthy addition...
Pork chops are a versatile and budget-friendly option for...
Apple recipes are a favorite fall fruit, whether you enjoy...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
If you like your food hot—spicy, that is—we've got some...
Mediterranean cuisine is delicious: it’s rich in fruits,...
This Valentine’s Day, stay in with the ones you love and make...
Ring in the Chinese New Year with these healthy Chinese...
From grilled steak to creamy chicken, our quick and healthy...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique