Definitely a tasty chocolate chip cookie, browning the butter goes a long way. The cream cheese does give the dough a bit of a different taste. Not necessarily bad, I probably wouldn't have guessed it was cream cheese if I didn't know. I did double the amount of vanilla extract though after tasting the batter to cover up the cream cheese taste a little. It's a good recipe and will satisfy a cookie craving, but not one I'd personally repeat.
Chocolate Chip Cookies
From EatingWell: March/April 1994
Here we use reduced-fat cream cheese in place of some of the butter to lower the fat in this version of the classic chocolate chip cookie.
9 Reviews for Chocolate Chip Cookies
it's so fluffy! same with vailfam, i only got 18 cookies out of this recipe (granted i ate a lot of the cookie dough raw-- YUM!). It was more of like a bread texture. but so good and satisfies my chocolate craving. to even lessen the fat and calorie content, i used 1 TBSP butter and 3 TBSP fat-free cream cheese. YUMMY! the egg whites definitely are the key ingredient, as this cookie's signature is its fluffiness.
AMAZING. My favorite cookies. I had to bake a batch for my team at work and a SECOND batch for my boyfriend to eat all by himself so he wouldn't get grumpy that I didn't save him any cookies. These cookies are HUGE, too. I got 3 dozen even out of them. I followed the recipe almost exactly (except changing it to 3/4C whole wheat flour and only 1/4C all-purpose flour) and got so many cookies I didn't know what to do!!
Definitely a keeper for years and years to come.
Mine came out cake like. I substituted 1/4 cup coconut flour for a higher fiber content with the remaining 3/4 reg. flour. Next time I'll double the recipe.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)