My sister who normally doesnt like choccolate cakes, actually LOVED it. It's hard to wait for the cake to cool!
Chocolate Chip Cake
From EatingWell: January/February 1999
This chocolate chip cake has an amazing moist, dense texture and a healthy profile with egg whites, buttermilk, canola oil and whole-wheat pastry flour. Plenty of chocolate chips give it rich flavor.
4 Reviews for Chocolate Chip Cake
I love it and took it into work and everyone loved it as well. I just did a few changes: 1. Added a little more chocolate chips in the batter; 2. Did the milk and vinegar substitution for buttermilk.
This recipe is so delicious! It is perfect for me and my husband. I am really watching my calorie intake, and have a huge sweet tooth. This satisfies perfectly for less than 250 calories a slice. My DH doesn't believe it is so low calorie!
this has been a standard in my cake repertoire since my son's 3rd birthday in 1999! Both of my kids request it by name, and then offer to help bake it as well. I don't always have whole wheat pastry flour, so I use either unbleached white or a combo of white and whole wheat. It's always delicious, and no one knows that it's a healthier recipe.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)