Full of bright cherry flavor, these chewy chocolate cookies will disappear in no time!
- 1 cup dried cherries, chopped
- 1/4 cup cranberry juice
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, preferably Dutch-process
- 1/2 cup nonfat sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup cherry or apple butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups sweetened flaked coconut, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat 2 baking sheets with cooking spray.
- Combine cherries and cranberry juice in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer over low heat and cook, stirring frequently, until all the juice has been absorbed, about 2 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Combine cocoa, condensed milk, cherry (or apple) butter and vanilla in a mixing bowl. Beat with an electric mixer until smooth and blended. Add the plumped cherries and 1 2/3 cups of the coconut; stir just until combined.
- Using 2 small spoons, form and drop 1-inch mounds onto the prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle the remaining coconut over the cookies. Bake until the cookies are no longer sticky and the coconut has begun to brown, 8 to 10 minutes. (Do not overbake; the cookies firm up slightly as they cool.) Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Per cookie: 59 calories; 3 g fat (1 g sat, 0 g mono); 1 mg cholesterol; 11 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 1 g fiber; 17 mg sodium; 61 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1/2 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
One-pot recipes are the perfect solution for easy weeknight...
Our healthy stir-fry recipes are full of fiber-rich...
Packed with a bounty of nutrients as well as fiber, green...
Store-bought packaged foods can make cooking or baking easier...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
Whether you’re roasting beets, serving them sliced on a salad...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 1 hour or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique