Full of bright cherry flavor, these chewy chocolate cookies will disappear in no time!
- 1 cup dried cherries, chopped
- 1/4 cup cranberry juice
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, preferably Dutch-process
- 1/2 cup nonfat sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup cherry or apple butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups sweetened flaked coconut, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat 2 baking sheets with cooking spray.
- Combine cherries and cranberry juice in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer over low heat and cook, stirring frequently, until all the juice has been absorbed, about 2 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Combine cocoa, condensed milk, cherry (or apple) butter and vanilla in a mixing bowl. Beat with an electric mixer until smooth and blended. Add the plumped cherries and 1 2/3 cups of the coconut; stir just until combined.
- Using 2 small spoons, form and drop 1-inch mounds onto the prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle the remaining coconut over the cookies. Bake until the cookies are no longer sticky and the coconut has begun to brown, 8 to 10 minutes. (Do not overbake; the cookies firm up slightly as they cool.) Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Per cookie: 59 calories; 3 g fat (1 g sat, 0 g mono); 1 mg cholesterol; 11 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 1 g fiber; 17 mg sodium; 61 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1/2 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
Boneless chicken thighs can take plenty of cooking without...
An outstanding salad dressing can take your salad from ho-hum...Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Who says entertaining has to be reserved for the weekend only...
Peanut butter is a healthy ingredient and more versatile than...
If you’re watching your sodium intake, these low-sodium snack...
When it comes to making healthy slow cooker chicken recipes,...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
When you’re watching your diet, snacking healthfully can keep...
Snacking (done right) can be a healthy way to curb your...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Pasta is a favorite comfort food—it’s quick, easy to cook and...
When the temperature drops and the days get shorter, there's...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Low-fat cottage cheese is a healthy addition that adds...
Pass on store-bought snacks that are loaded with fat and...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 1 hour or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique