Full of bright cherry flavor, these chewy chocolate cookies will disappear in no time!
- 1 cup dried cherries, chopped
- 1/4 cup cranberry juice
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, preferably Dutch-process
- 1/2 cup nonfat sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup cherry or apple butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups sweetened flaked coconut, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat 2 baking sheets with cooking spray.
- Combine cherries and cranberry juice in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer over low heat and cook, stirring frequently, until all the juice has been absorbed, about 2 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Combine cocoa, condensed milk, cherry (or apple) butter and vanilla in a mixing bowl. Beat with an electric mixer until smooth and blended. Add the plumped cherries and 1 2/3 cups of the coconut; stir just until combined.
- Using 2 small spoons, form and drop 1-inch mounds onto the prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle the remaining coconut over the cookies. Bake until the cookies are no longer sticky and the coconut has begun to brown, 8 to 10 minutes. (Do not overbake; the cookies firm up slightly as they cool.) Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Per cookie: 59 calories; 3 g fat (1 g sat, 0 g mono); 1 mg cholesterol; 11 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 1 g fiber; 17 mg sodium; 61 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1/2 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
These healthy fruit bars are the perfect snack to put in your...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...This collection of healthy potluck recipes is full of crowd-...These healthy bean salad recipes bring fresh summery life to the...
Brownies and blondies are crowd-pleasing desserts for any...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
A tall glass of iced tea on a hot day is refreshing, and it...
If you’re in a rush and thinking about skipping breakfast,...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Spinach might have made Popeye strong, but what he probably...
There’s no better way to celebrate Mother’s Day than by...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Save your waistline and your wallet with these quick and...
Our breakfast casserole recipes are a satisfying way to start...
We love Mexican meals, but often the differences between...
- Total Time
- 1 hour or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- Ease of Preparation