This is a tasty basic chewy brownie with room for invention. Tired of brownie recipes with long ingredient lists, I liked this recipe of basic ingredients. Used dark brown sugar and added a dash or two of cinnamon. Fabulous results, crowd pleaser that can be made in very little time, on the spur of the moment. Fresh berries and whipped cream were great on top.
From EatingWell: July/August 1995
The combination of full-flavored Dutch-process cocoa and moist brown sugar produces a classic fudgy brownie that is very low in fat. If you use American-style (nonalkalized) cocoa, add 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda to the dry ingredients to neutralize the slightly sour taste from the cocoa. For a pretty effect, drizzle the bars with melted chocolate.
2 Reviews for Chocolate Brownies
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)