Chocolate Raspberry Tofu Pie
This chocolate raspberry pie gets an amazing smooth, rich, creamy texture from pureed tofu. But no need to tell that tofu’s the secret ingredient—we’re sure no one will guess.
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips (about 10 ounces)
- 1 12.3-ounce shelf-stable package firm silken tofu (see Note)
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup frozen raspberries, thawed
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 9-inch graham cracker pie crust
- Fresh raspberries for garnish
- Put chocolate chips in a medium microwavable bowl. Microwave on Medium for 1 minute. Stir, then continue microwaving on Medium, stirring every 20 seconds, until melted.
- Place tofu in a food processor or blender and process until smooth. Add the melted chocolate, maple syrup and vanilla. Process again until smooth. Add raspberries and confectioners’ sugar and process until very smooth; scraping down the sides as necessary. Spread the mixture into the crust. Refrigerate until firm, at least 2 hours. Garnish with fresh raspberries, if desired.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Loosely cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
- Note: Look for shelf-stable silken tofu in the Asian foods section or near shelf-stable soymilk in natural-foods stores and some well-stocked supermarkets. If you can’t find it, refrigerated silken tofu can be used in its place in this recipe. It’s usually sold in a 1-pound container, but you’ll only need 1 1/3 cups for this recipe.
Per serving: 310 calories; 15 g fat (6 g sat, 6 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 43 g carbohydrates; 28 g added sugars; 5 g protein; 3 g fiber; 153 mg sodium; 210 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 3
Exchanges: 3 carbohydrate (other), 2 fat
More From EatingWell
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
Don’t be fooled: granola sounds healthy, but it's often high...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Summer's bounty of fresh berries invites creativity. From...
Fiber-rich okra is delicious, whether pickled, roasted or...
From healthy blueberry muffins and blueberry pancakes topped...
If you’re following the Paleo Diet then you know that you...
While nothing quite beats eating quickly boiled or grilled...
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
Add these healthy and delicious recipes to your gluten-free...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
When the produce section looks bleak, turn to the freezer....
If you’re craving an easy dessert tonight, we have just what...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
Potassium plays a vital role in keeping your heart healthy...
Go beyond the gin and tonic this summer and mix up cocktails...
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, soy
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, pies & tarts
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- 8 or more