Chocolate Raspberry Tofu Pie
This chocolate raspberry pie gets an amazing smooth, rich, creamy texture from pureed tofu. But no need to tell that tofu’s the secret ingredient—we’re sure no one will guess.
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips (about 10 ounces)
- 1 12.3-ounce shelf-stable package firm silken tofu (see Note)
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup frozen raspberries, thawed
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 9-inch graham cracker pie crust
- Fresh raspberries for garnish
- Put chocolate chips in a medium microwavable bowl. Microwave on Medium for 1 minute. Stir, then continue microwaving on Medium, stirring every 20 seconds, until melted.
- Place tofu in a food processor or blender and process until smooth. Add the melted chocolate, maple syrup and vanilla. Process again until smooth. Add raspberries and confectioners’ sugar and process until very smooth; scraping down the sides as necessary. Spread the mixture into the crust. Refrigerate until firm, at least 2 hours. Garnish with fresh raspberries, if desired.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Loosely cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
- Note: Look for shelf-stable silken tofu in the Asian foods section or near shelf-stable soymilk in natural-foods stores and some well-stocked supermarkets. If you can’t find it, refrigerated silken tofu can be used in its place in this recipe. It’s usually sold in a 1-pound container, but you’ll only need 1 1/3 cups for this recipe.
Per serving: 310 calories; 15 g fat (6 g sat, 6 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 43 g carbohydrates; 28 g added sugars; 5 g protein; 3 g fiber; 153 mg sodium; 210 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 3
Exchanges: 3 carbohydrate (other), 2 fat
More From EatingWell
Ring in the new year with low-calorie recipes from our new issue...
Jump-start your morning with our healthy, low-calorie...
A perfectly ripe avocado is the perfect addition to salads,...
It’s time for the avocado to shake its bad rap: sinfully...
Celebrate the holiday season with low-calorie recipes from our...
Skip the super-greasy fried food and creamy dips and go for...
Make a healthy snack for kids with one of our easy snack...
When you’re watching your diet, snacking healthfully can keep...
Eating healthy snacks is a good way to stave off hunger pangs...
Spaghetti and Meatballs is a classic, comforting Italian...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Indulge in something sweet with our delicious vegan dessert...
Resolve to eat healthier? No matter how busy you are, get in...
Breakfast is the most important meal—giving you a much-needed...
People who are most successful at losing weight—and keeping...
If you’re in a rush and thinking about skipping breakfast,...
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, pies & tarts
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- 8 or more
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, soy
- Preparation/ Technique