Chocolate Raspberry Tofu Pie
This chocolate raspberry pie gets an amazing smooth, rich, creamy texture from pureed tofu. But no need to tell that tofu’s the secret ingredient—we’re sure no one will guess.
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips (about 10 ounces)
- 1 12.3-ounce shelf-stable package firm silken tofu (see Note)
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup frozen raspberries, thawed
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 9-inch graham cracker pie crust
- Fresh raspberries for garnish
- Put chocolate chips in a medium microwavable bowl. Microwave on Medium for 1 minute. Stir, then continue microwaving on Medium, stirring every 20 seconds, until melted.
- Place tofu in a food processor or blender and process until smooth. Add the melted chocolate, maple syrup and vanilla. Process again until smooth. Add raspberries and confectioners’ sugar and process until very smooth; scraping down the sides as necessary. Spread the mixture into the crust. Refrigerate until firm, at least 2 hours. Garnish with fresh raspberries, if desired.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Loosely cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
- Note: Look for shelf-stable silken tofu in the Asian foods section or near shelf-stable soymilk in natural-foods stores and some well-stocked supermarkets. If you can’t find it, refrigerated silken tofu can be used in its place in this recipe. It’s usually sold in a 1-pound container, but you’ll only need 1 1/3 cups for this recipe.
Per serving: 310 calories; 15 g fat (6 g sat, 6 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 43 g carbohydrates; 28 g added sugars; 5 g protein; 3 g fiber; 153 mg sodium; 210 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 3
Exchanges: 3 carbohydrate (other), 2 fat
More From EatingWell
When you need a little pick-me up, skip the sugar-laden energy...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Few things are more satisfying on a chilly night than a...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Baked potatoes are the perfect accompaniment to your favorite...
These quick dinner recipes are tastier, healthier versions of...
A great salad deserves a great dressing. So we've created...
These delicious slim-down dinners all clock in at just 400...
Spaghetti squash is the ultimate pasta impostor: it is a...
These spicy recipes are packed with flavor and metabolism-...
The DASH diet (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) may...
Weeknight meals are made easy with these 20-minute, low-...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
When you surround yourself with healthy and delicious food,...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- 8 or more
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, soy
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, pies & tarts
- Ease of Preparation