Chocolate Raspberry Tofu Pie
This chocolate raspberry pie gets an amazing smooth, rich, creamy texture from pureed tofu. But no need to tell that tofu’s the secret ingredient—we’re sure no one will guess.
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips (about 10 ounces)
- 1 12.3-ounce shelf-stable package firm silken tofu (see Note)
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup frozen raspberries, thawed
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 9-inch graham cracker pie crust
- Fresh raspberries for garnish
- Put chocolate chips in a medium microwavable bowl. Microwave on Medium for 1 minute. Stir, then continue microwaving on Medium, stirring every 20 seconds, until melted.
- Place tofu in a food processor or blender and process until smooth. Add the melted chocolate, maple syrup and vanilla. Process again until smooth. Add raspberries and confectioners’ sugar and process until very smooth; scraping down the sides as necessary. Spread the mixture into the crust. Refrigerate until firm, at least 2 hours. Garnish with fresh raspberries, if desired.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Loosely cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
- Note: Look for shelf-stable silken tofu in the Asian foods section or near shelf-stable soymilk in natural-foods stores and some well-stocked supermarkets. If you can’t find it, refrigerated silken tofu can be used in its place in this recipe. It’s usually sold in a 1-pound container, but you’ll only need 1 1/3 cups for this recipe.
Per serving: 310 calories; 15 g fat (6 g sat, 6 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 43 g carbohydrates; 28 g added sugars; 5 g protein; 3 g fiber; 153 mg sodium; 210 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 3
Exchanges: 3 carbohydrate (other), 2 fat
More From EatingWell
If you’re planning a holiday party this year, make...Celebrate the new year with EatingWell’s best healthy recipes!...
Eating a meatless dinner on Thanksgiving opens up a world of...Find inspiration for healthy holiday dining and entertaining...
Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Try one of these 5-minute, healthy smoothie recipes for a...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Eating too many added sugars may be taking a toll on our...
Indulge in something sweet with our delicious vegan dessert...
Black bean soup and black bean chili are delicious,...
Whether it’s breakfast, lunch or dinner, healthy wrap recipes...
If you’re looking for a budget-friendly option for dinner,...
Pull out your crock pot and make a delicious and hearty slow-...
Packed with iron, dietary fiber and thiamine, oats are a...
If you’re trying to cut back on carbs or are following a low-...
Apple pie is a favorite fall dessert and pumpkin pie is an...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- 8 or more
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, soy
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, pies & tarts