Chocolate Raspberry Tofu Pie
This chocolate raspberry pie gets an amazing smooth, rich, creamy texture from pureed tofu. But no need to tell that tofu’s the secret ingredient—we’re sure no one will guess.
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips (about 10 ounces)
- 1 12.3-ounce shelf-stable package firm silken tofu (see Note)
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup frozen raspberries, thawed
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 9-inch graham cracker pie crust
- Fresh raspberries for garnish
- Put chocolate chips in a medium microwavable bowl. Microwave on Medium for 1 minute. Stir, then continue microwaving on Medium, stirring every 20 seconds, until melted.
- Place tofu in a food processor or blender and process until smooth. Add the melted chocolate, maple syrup and vanilla. Process again until smooth. Add raspberries and confectioners’ sugar and process until very smooth; scraping down the sides as necessary. Spread the mixture into the crust. Refrigerate until firm, at least 2 hours. Garnish with fresh raspberries, if desired.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Loosely cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
- Note: Look for shelf-stable silken tofu in the Asian foods section or near shelf-stable soymilk in natural-foods stores and some well-stocked supermarkets. If you can’t find it, refrigerated silken tofu can be used in its place in this recipe. It’s usually sold in a 1-pound container, but you’ll only need 1 1/3 cups for this recipe.
Per serving: 310 calories; 15 g fat (6 g sat, 6 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 43 g carbohydrates; 28 g added sugars; 5 g protein; 3 g fiber; 153 mg sodium; 210 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 3
Exchanges: 3 carbohydrate (other), 2 fat
More From EatingWell
Omega-3 fats are good for your heart and are found in fish...
These healthy sugar-free dessert recipes are a delicious and...
Stir-fries are an easy way to get dinner on the table fast...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
Carbs have gotten a bad rap as a diet no-no, but whole grains...
When you’re trying to lose weight, you don’t need to skimp on...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Baking a cake from scratch doesn’t have to be time-intensive...
There’s something oh-so-soothing about a bowl of creamy...
Our nutritionists have verified that these recipes do not...
Homemade desserts, including piping-hot apple pie, rich...
If you’re searching for an affordable and healthy meal for...
Our healthy lasagna recipes, including classic meat lasagna...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- 8 or more
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, soy
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, pies & tarts
- Ease of Preparation