My husband and I enjoyed this recipe. It was filling and really hit the spot for a spicy side dish. We subbed 1 cup canned tomatoes for the fresh tomato. And I added some cilantro. All yumminess.
Chipotle Cheddar Chard
From EatingWell: December 2006
The bright assorted colors of rainbow chard are especially lovely in this spicy, cheesy dish. Make a double batch and enjoy it as a quesadilla filling, as we did often in the Test Kitchen for lunch.
5 Reviews for Chipotle Cheddar Chard
First time to make cook with chard and this recipe was a big hit. We love chipotle peppers. I used chipotle packed in adobo sauce and used twice the amount called for. It was not too spicy. The smokiness of the chipotle really mixed well with the chard. We added the cheese, but I don't think it is essential to the dish. We will definitely make this again.
I loved this so much the first time I made it that I made it again and used it as a filling for enchiladas topped with red sauce and a bit of cheese. This will be a "go to" veggie for a side dish on Mexican night.
My husband usually complains when he finds out we're having chard for dinner. Even he loved the stuff. My 10.5 month old ended up eating bits of it too.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)