What you do with this is spread it on tortilla chips. It's a perfect game snack as an alternative to guacamole. I had the avocados, cheese, limes and adobo peppers, so just mashed the filling ingredients together and spread it on the halves. Broiling 5 minutes softens the avocados enough to spread.
Chipotle-Cheddar Broiled Avocado Halves
From EatingWell: March/April 2013
In this avocado side-dish recipe, zesty avocado halves are topped with melted Cheddar cheese and broiled until golden brown. You can serve these healthy avocado halves as a side dish with grilled chicken or steak.
4 Reviews for Chipotle-Cheddar Broiled Avocado Halves
It's been a while since we've hit upon a winner in the recipe department. This was our 1st Eating Well recipe, although I subscribed to the magazine a number of months back, & it was a home run. Fabulous. That says it all.
I ate it for lunch with one sliced of whole grain bread. Because the cheese has a salted taste i omitted adding salt.
All i had was hot pepper sauce which went perfect for me.
my avocado was small so I ate the entire avocado. It is a very simple recipe but special when the cheese and hot sauce comes together. Will make again but will add black beans in the middle and then over with the cheese.
These were amazing! Absolutely delicious, and so easy and fast! It took less than five minutes of prep and maybe two minutes under the broiler. I will be coming up with excuses to make these again for a long time to come.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)