This is the best Albondigas soup i have ever eaten. i used masa in plast of corn meal, added a little water to the meat mixture and used port in place of beef. My family loved this.
Chipotle Albondigas Soup
From EatingWell: March/April 2012
Just a bit of spicy chorizo sausage adds lots of flavor to the meatballs in this hearty Mexican soup. Dandelion greens, carrots and corn are colorful additions.
6 Reviews for Chipotle Albondigas Soup
Wow! this was very good. Used chicken broth, ground beef, chard and 1 large chipotle chile in adobo sauce. Everything just right, balance. Will definitely make again.
Wow! this was very good. Used chicken broth, ground beef, chard and 1 large chipotle chile in adobo sauce. Everything just right and will definitely make again.
I did not make meatballs...but cooked the meat in chunks then put into soup...made it faster and used kale instead of dandelion greens....It was delicious. Family loved it.
Made the soup today, I must admit I am kind of a slow cook, but rushing through this it still took me about 1h30 total. Yes, the meatballs do take forever to make if you're making them at the size indicated, so letting the broth simmer that entire time does not seem right (I did not do this). I honestly thought the soup had a lot of flavor and was quite tasty, however I used TWO chiles and it was a bit too hot for my tastes (my Mexican family and my lives-for-spicy-food boyfriend LOVED it though, more than myself honestly) My only modification was using parsley instead of cilantro (Meijer was OUT, as usual).
Coolest part was it came out looking exactly like the image in EatingWell! :)
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)