Very filling, tasty salad. The dressing was a bit watery, but the flavor was excellent. Like others, I used marinated grilled chicken instead of poached, which added a little more flavor, texture, and color.
Chinese Chicken & Noodle Salad
This delicious Chinese-inspired salad is crisp, crunchy and cool with shredded cabbage, carrots and chicken breast tossed with toasted ramen noodles and slivered almonds. The dressing is an addictive orange, sesame, ginger and soy combination—you may want to double the dressing and save some for a salad the next day.
15 Reviews for Chinese Chicken & Noodle Salad
I liked this recipe. The flavors were great. But it was a little dry...it needed more dressing.
I loved this recipe, and it was a big hit at home! I was unable to find baked Ramen noodles, so I left these out--the regular ones are full of bad stuff!! It was plenty crunchy without them, and the dressing was very tasty. A definite keeper!
I thought this was a great recipe as displayed however, after a few modifications...it became a 5 star recipe.
1. I purchased a pre-roasted chicken to save time
2. I substituted honey for the sugar
3. I added powdered Ginger from Penzeys Spices
4. I followed the recommendation from one of the reviewers to use toasted sesame oil for roasting the Ramen noodles.
5. I found that the resulting sauce was too watery. It collected on the bottom of my plate without coating the salad much....so the next day I reduced it to half on the cook top. The results: WOW! What a big bang in flavor! And....I didn't have to use much of the sauce to flavor the salad!
I've made this several times as an appetizer when I had people over for dinner. It's always a success and healthy, too! Too bad we hardly ever have leftovers. Shortcut: use pre-cooked chicken (I like Hormel's).