Chimichurri sauce is a tangy herbal accompaniment that can liven up any meat or poultry dish.
- 1 cup packed flat-leaf parsley leaves, (1/2-1 bunch)
- 1 small clove garlic, chopped
- 3 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper, or cayenne pepper
- Chop parsley and garlic together on a cutting board until the parsley is finely minced. Transfer to a medium bowl, add vinegar, oil, salt and chipotle (or cayenne) pepper; stir to combine.
Per 2-tablespoon serving: 49 calories; 5 g fat (1 g sat, 4 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 1 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 1 g fiber; 149 mg sodium; 88 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (35% daily value), Vitamin A (25% dv).
Exchanges: 1 fat
More From EatingWell
In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...Icebox pies are an easy and popular summer dessert, yet they're...Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Turkey sausage is a healthy, leaner alternative to...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
- Type of Dish
- Sauce/Condiment, savory
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique