Chilled Snap Peas with Creamy Tarragon Dressing
From EatingWell: June/July 2005
Crisp chilled snap peas with creamy tarragon dressing make a nice alternative to a lettuce-based salad. The dressing can be doubled and used for chicken salad. Substitute fresh or dried dill for the tarragon if you like.
- 1 pound sugar snap peas, trimmed (about 4 cups)
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons low-fat plain yogurt, or nonfat buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon, or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Steam peas over 2 inches of boiling water, stirring once, until crisp-tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer to a baking sheet lined with paper towel. Refrigerate until chilled, about 20 minutes.
- Whisk mayonnaise, yogurt (or buttermilk), tarragon, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Add peas; toss well to coat. Serve chilled.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Refrigerate peas and dressing separately for up to 1 day. Toss together just before serving.
Per serving: 69 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 5 g carbohydrates; 3 g protein; 3 g fiber; 227 mg sodium; 173 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 1/2 vegetable
More From EatingWell
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
Potato salad is a favorite summer dish, but classic versions...
It’s no wonder that the Mediterranean diet is considered to...
Enjoy the world’s healthiest diet with these delicious...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Berries and fresh summer fruit star in our healthy homemade...
Pork tenderloin is an easy and healthy addition to your...
Our healthy pepper recipes, including recipes for bell...
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
For a quick and healthy dinner, make one of our easy stir-fry...
While nothing quite beats eating quickly boiled or grilled...
From healthy blueberry muffins and blueberry pancakes topped...
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, vegetable
- Ease of Preparation
- June/July 2005