Chilled Snap Peas with Creamy Tarragon Dressing
From EatingWell: June/July 2005
Crisp chilled snap peas with creamy tarragon dressing make a nice alternative to a lettuce-based salad. The dressing can be doubled and used for chicken salad. Substitute fresh or dried dill for the tarragon if you like.
- 1 pound sugar snap peas, trimmed (about 4 cups)
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons low-fat plain yogurt, or nonfat buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon, or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Steam peas over 2 inches of boiling water, stirring once, until crisp-tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer to a baking sheet lined with paper towel. Refrigerate until chilled, about 20 minutes.
- Whisk mayonnaise, yogurt (or buttermilk), tarragon, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Add peas; toss well to coat. Serve chilled.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Refrigerate peas and dressing separately for up to 1 day. Toss together just before serving.
Per serving: 69 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 5 g carbohydrates; 3 g protein; 3 g fiber; 227 mg sodium; 173 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 1/2 vegetable
More From EatingWell
Omega-3 fats are good for your heart and are found in fish...
These healthy sugar-free dessert recipes are a delicious and...
Stir-fries are an easy way to get dinner on the table fast...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
Carbs have gotten a bad rap as a diet no-no, but whole grains...
When you’re trying to lose weight, you don’t need to skimp on...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Baking a cake from scratch doesn’t have to be time-intensive...
There’s something oh-so-soothing about a bowl of creamy...
Our nutritionists have verified that these recipes do not...
Homemade desserts, including piping-hot apple pie, rich...
If you’re searching for an affordable and healthy meal for...
Our healthy lasagna recipes, including classic meat lasagna...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, vegetable
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- June/July 2005