Chilled Snap Peas with Creamy Tarragon Dressing
From EatingWell: June/July 2005
Crisp chilled snap peas with creamy tarragon dressing make a nice alternative to a lettuce-based salad. The dressing can be doubled and used for chicken salad. Substitute fresh or dried dill for the tarragon if you like.
- 1 pound sugar snap peas, trimmed (about 4 cups)
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons low-fat plain yogurt, or nonfat buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon, or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Steam peas over 2 inches of boiling water, stirring once, until crisp-tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer to a baking sheet lined with paper towel. Refrigerate until chilled, about 20 minutes.
- Whisk mayonnaise, yogurt (or buttermilk), tarragon, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Add peas; toss well to coat. Serve chilled.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Refrigerate peas and dressing separately for up to 1 day. Toss together just before serving.
Per serving: 69 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 5 g carbohydrates; 3 g protein; 3 g fiber; 227 mg sodium; 173 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 1/2 vegetable
More From EatingWell
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
Add these healthy and delicious recipes to your gluten-free...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
When the produce section looks bleak, turn to the freezer....
If you’re craving an easy dessert tonight, we have just what...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
Potassium plays a vital role in keeping your heart healthy...
Go beyond the gin and tonic this summer and mix up cocktails...
In the hot months of summer, cool down with a refreshing and...
Our nonalcoholic drink recipes, or “mocktails,” are festive...
Kick back and enjoy one of our delicious healthy summer punch...
During the busy workweek, these no-cook dinner recipes are...
Quinoa is a superfood that is packed with fiber and protein...
Fresh leeks are a delicious addition to many recipes. These...
Farmers’ markets and gardens are full of fresh and delicious...
Sardines (Pacific, wild-caught) are one of the healthiest...
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, vegetable
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- June/July 2005