I have been making this one a lot lately! The very first time I tried it, I did find that the salsa was lacking some kind of POP. So after reading some of the other reviews, I also added worcestershire, as well as minced garlic and a minced chipotle pepper in adobo. I'm kind of a wimp with spice so it gave it the perfect amount of kick without overpowering the flavor of the salsa and steak. I love to pair this with the Broiled Chipotle-Cheddar Avocado recipe that's also on here! Yum!!
Chili-Rubbed Steaks & Pan Salsa
Any cut of steak will work for this recipe, but we especially like the flavor and texture of rib-eye with these seasonings; look for steak that has been thinly cut. A cold ale, sweet potato fries and vinegary coleslaw can round out the meal.
7 Reviews for Chili-Rubbed Steaks & Pan Salsa
Loved it. Everyone loved it. It's one of my personal favorites on this site. Just make a little baked beans and sweat potato fries with this and you have a great meal for everyone, not just health nuts ^_-
Loved this meal. I wound up adding garlic, oregano, onion and some worchestershire sauce to the salsa (because worchestershire in my books is an all-purpose add in). It was delicious, I'm definitely adding this to my recipe books.
I adore this dish! It is really tasty.
I generally add some garlic & herb Mrs. Dash to the salsa and I use a thin-cut NY strip. Delicious!
Instead of plum tomatoes I used cherry tomatoes and cut them in half. The recipe actually claimed a comment from my 16 y.o. son, "Mom, this is really good." That doesn't happen often from the boy who loves anything with ketchup. No ketchup needed with this recipe, and it was soooo easy. I will make this again and again.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)