I'm on the hunt for tasty veggie recipes to spice up meal time side-dishes, and this one definitely hit the mark! Very quick, very easy and very delicious. I served them next to the EatingWell twice-baked potatoes, but I agree that they would go with just about anything. I left out the cilantro because it tastes like soap, and the carrots were just fine without it. This does need to be eaten fresh out of the oven, or they get mushy fast, and means leftovers are no-good, so eat up!
From EatingWell: September/October 2009
Roasted with chili powder and cumin then tossed with cilantro and lime juice, these carrots are bursting with zesty flavor. Serve them with simple roast chicken or pork.
7 Reviews for Chili-Roasted Carrots
Great recipe! Quick and tasty, even with carrots that aren't the best. Had some bland ones and did them up this way, and they were great!
This is the best recipe! My husband and I can't stand vegetables so we struggle to find healthy and tasty ways of eating them and more so now since we have a 1 1/2 yr old in the house. These carrots are super easy to make and are not spicy-they just have enough bite and tangy-ness without tasting like boring carrots! If spice is what you're craving then play around with ratios. Excellent recipe and it goes well with pretty much anything-I served them last year with Thanksgiving dinner and my family was very impressed.
These are delicious and easy! Perfect with roast chicken.
Delicious. Goes well with a Mexican meal. Will be making again and again.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)