A medley of warm spices tempered with a touch of brown sugar is a great match for rich, nutritious pecans. They make a perfect nibble with a drink before dinner or afterward with a cup of espresso.
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups pecan halves, (about 4 ounces)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 275°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine chili powder, cumin, coriander, paprika, brown sugar and garlic powder in a small bowl. Toss pecans and Worcestershire sauce in a large bowl. Sprinkle the spice mixture over the pecans, tossing to coat. Spread the spiced nuts on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake the pecans, tossing every 8 to 10 minutes, until lightly browned and very fragrant, about 35 minutes. Transfer to a bowl; sprinkle with salt and toss well. Let cool.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
- Refrigerate chili pecans in an airtight container for up to 1 month.
- Smoked paprika is available at specialty stores, Spanish markets and through La Tienda, tienda.com, (888) 472-1022.
Per 2-tablespoon serving: 102 calories; 22 g fat (2 g sat, 12 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 6 g carbohydrates; 3 g protein; 4 g fiber; 193 mg sodium; 178 mg potassium.
Exchanges: 2 fat (mono)
More From EatingWell
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
Add these healthy and delicious recipes to your gluten-free...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
When the produce section looks bleak, turn to the freezer....
If you’re craving an easy dessert tonight, we have just what...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
Potassium plays a vital role in keeping your heart healthy...
Go beyond the gin and tonic this summer and mix up cocktails...
In the hot months of summer, cool down with a refreshing and...
Our nonalcoholic drink recipes, or “mocktails,” are festive...
Kick back and enjoy one of our delicious healthy summer punch...
During the busy workweek, these no-cook dinner recipes are...
Quinoa is a superfood that is packed with fiber and protein...
Fresh leeks are a delicious addition to many recipes. These...
Farmers’ markets and gardens are full of fresh and delicious...
Sardines (Pacific, wild-caught) are one of the healthiest...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 1 hour or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique