A medley of warm spices tempered with a touch of brown sugar is a great match for rich, nutritious pecans. They make a perfect nibble with a drink before dinner or afterward with a cup of espresso.
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups pecan halves, (about 4 ounces)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 275°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine chili powder, cumin, coriander, paprika, brown sugar and garlic powder in a small bowl. Toss pecans and Worcestershire sauce in a large bowl. Sprinkle the spice mixture over the pecans, tossing to coat. Spread the spiced nuts on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake the pecans, tossing every 8 to 10 minutes, until lightly browned and very fragrant, about 35 minutes. Transfer to a bowl; sprinkle with salt and toss well. Let cool.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
- Refrigerate chili pecans in an airtight container for up to 1 month.
- Smoked paprika is available at specialty stores, Spanish markets and through La Tienda, tienda.com, (888) 472-1022.
Per 2-tablespoon serving: 102 calories; 22 g fat (2 g sat, 12 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 6 g carbohydrates; 3 g protein; 4 g fiber; 193 mg sodium; 178 mg potassium.
Exchanges: 2 fat (mono)
More From EatingWell
If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal idea for dinner...
Whether you’re celebrating Cinco de Mayo or throwing a...
Few things are closer to perfection than the first sweet...
Trying to clean up your diet? These low-calorie recipes are...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
This Memorial Day, throw a barbecue or picnic with these...
Try making a healthy summer dip recipe or summer salsa recipe...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Barbecue sauce, rubs and marinades are easy, healthy ways to...
Everyone loves a good, juicy burger recipe! But hamburgers...
As delicious as eating healthy can be, we all still crave our...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 1 hour or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique