A medley of warm spices tempered with a touch of brown sugar is a great match for rich, nutritious pecans. They make a perfect nibble with a drink before dinner or afterward with a cup of espresso.
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups pecan halves, (about 4 ounces)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 275°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine chili powder, cumin, coriander, paprika, brown sugar and garlic powder in a small bowl. Toss pecans and Worcestershire sauce in a large bowl. Sprinkle the spice mixture over the pecans, tossing to coat. Spread the spiced nuts on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake the pecans, tossing every 8 to 10 minutes, until lightly browned and very fragrant, about 35 minutes. Transfer to a bowl; sprinkle with salt and toss well. Let cool.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
- Refrigerate chili pecans in an airtight container for up to 1 month.
- Smoked paprika is available at specialty stores, Spanish markets and through La Tienda, tienda.com, (888) 472-1022.
Per 2-tablespoon serving: 102 calories; 22 g fat (2 g sat, 12 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 6 g carbohydrates; 3 g protein; 4 g fiber; 193 mg sodium; 178 mg potassium.
Exchanges: 2 fat (mono)
More From EatingWell
Boneless chicken thighs can take plenty of cooking without...
An outstanding salad dressing can take your salad from ho-hum...Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Who says entertaining has to be reserved for the weekend only...
Peanut butter is a healthy ingredient and more versatile than...
If you’re watching your sodium intake, these low-sodium snack...
When it comes to making healthy slow cooker chicken recipes,...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
When you’re watching your diet, snacking healthfully can keep...
Snacking (done right) can be a healthy way to curb your...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Pasta is a favorite comfort food—it’s quick, easy to cook and...
When the temperature drops and the days get shorter, there's...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Low-fat cottage cheese is a healthy addition that adds...
Pass on store-bought snacks that are loaded with fat and...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 1 hour or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique