My husband and I make a chili recipe very similiar to this one - called "Five Alarm Chili". We also eat cornbread often with other dishes, but have never combined chili and cornbread. This sounds awesome!! Especially the cornbread with the cilantro! Can't wait to make this for a cool night dinner!
Chili Cornbread Casserole
From EatingWell: September/October 2010
Here’s a fun way to serve chili and cornbread together. Don’t let the ingredient list intimidate you—this casserole is easy to make and a real crowd pleaser.
21 Reviews for Chili Cornbread Casserole
This recipe is great. Flavorful, hearty, healthy and relatively easy to make. I will definitley make this a staple with my family! And it stores and reheats really well.
sorry - wrong recipe!! I didn't pay enough attention to the recipe title. My review should have gone under the recipe for "shrimp chili cornbread casserole".
this one is in my to-try pile.
We were happy with this dish, and we will make it again. Leftovers were ok, the cornbread soaked up most of the liquid. Not sure if I did something wrong or if anyone else with leftovers had this issue? The second day it was like a different meal - to me it seemed like polenta with tomato & shrimp. Which I was fine with, it still tasted great!!! But my husband & daughter didn't care for it (they don't eat polenta at all). I put the recipe in my Keep file.
I tried this tonight and thought it was excellent! So warm and yummy for a cool fall evening!
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)