Agreed with the others, they fell apart in the oven. will definitely add something to bind them next time. And maybe a little chili powder to up the bite factor? You almost get the chili flavor, but it had no real heat to it. The black bean addition was awesome though
A chili burger without the mess—beans, jalapeños and chili seasonings are mixed right into the ground beef. By bulking up the ground beef with mashed beans, not only do you reduce saturated fat, you increase fiber. Canned beans are fine here; just be sure to drain and rinse them thoroughly before using.
3 Reviews for Chili Burgers
I loved this recipe, however mine fell apart as well. I was serving it with coucous so it ended up being perfect on top of the cousous. If you wanted to make it a burger I think that an egg or some bread crumbs need to be added to keep the burger together. I also think I would try this recipe with ground turkey and let them sit up in the fridge for a few hours before I cook them up.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)