I made this in a pan that was larger than called for, so it was a little dry. The flavour was great though and I would make this again. I served this alongside Kale with Aplles and Mustard. Yum!
Chile, Potato & Cheese Omelet
From EatingWell: January/February 1999
Serve topped with salsa. Accompany with warmed flour tortillas and a grated carrot salad.
6 Reviews for Chile, Potato & Cheese Omelet
The "omelets" on this site are actually more a fritata or crustless quiche.
Lacking balanced flavor and bulk to fill up hearty eaters, I would suggest adding mushrooms and a low sodium salsa to add depth. 2 scallions were more than enough, then again we're not onion fans to begin with.
I agree with a previous reviewer who said it could have benefitted from salsa or hot sauce. It definitely felt like it was missing a crucial component and that may have been it.
I made this with hash browns and skipped the oil and just gave my pan a quick spray.
It was very good, but nothing really in it to say WOW! Still like it so, definite I would eat it again. Just think as suggested would add some salsa or hot sauce something to "kick it up a notch" (Emeril) Thanks.
I am on the Vegetarian 1200 cal a day 28 Day Meal Plan. As the salsa and the tortilla are not on the list of ingredients, I am assuming that the plan does not call for them. But without them this omelet is very bland. It tasted peppery, but there was nothing else in it to say, "Yum!" It would help to at least put a little salsa on it as the original recipe suggests. That might raise the calorie level a tad bit, but it would be worth it.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- 5 “bad” foods you should be eating (331 comments)
- The #1 food you should eat (and probably don't) (211 comments)
- 3 reasons you should snack on popcorn (124 comments)
- How to pickle anything (no canning necessary) (119 comments)
- 3 reasons you should reach for canola oil when you’re cooking (102 comments)
- What’s Fresh: Is corn healthy or not? (99 comments)
- The best breakfast foods for weight loss (78 comments)
- Is Coconut Oil Healthier Than Butter? (76 comments)
- How to make a healthy smoothie: best smoothie ingredients & 10 to ditch (75 comments)
- Trying to save money? 15 foods you don’t need to buy organic (72 comments)