Chile-Lime Tortilla Chips
From EatingWell: January/February 2009
These tortilla chips are baked, not fried, and a squeeze of lime and a sprinkle of chili powder add flavor without tons of calories. Plus with 5 grams less fat per serving than a packaged version, they deliver all the crunch without the guilt.
- 12 6-inch corn tortillas
- Canola oil cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Position oven racks in the middle and lower third of oven; preheat to 375°F.
- Coat both sides of each tortilla with cooking spray and cut into quarters. Place tortilla wedges in an even layer on 2 large baking sheets. Combine lime juice and chili powder in a small bowl. Brush the mixture on each tortilla wedge and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake the tortillas, switching the baking sheets halfway through, until golden and crisp, 15 to 20 minutes (depending on the thickness of the tortillas).
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Store in an airtight container for 1 to 2 days.
Per serving: 142 calories; 2 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 29 g carbohydrates; 2 g protein; 2 g fiber; 169 mg sodium; 10 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 2 starch
More From EatingWell
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
One-pot recipes are the perfect solution for easy weeknight...
Our healthy stir-fry recipes are full of fiber-rich...
Packed with a bounty of nutrients as well as fiber, green...
Store-bought packaged foods can make cooking or baking easier...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
Whether you’re roasting beets, serving them sliced on a salad...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- January/February 2009