From EatingWell: November/December 2010
These spicy nuts were inspired by ones sold by street vendors across Mexico. If you can only find salted peanuts, omit the added salt. Add the maximum amount of cayenne pepper if you want an extra hit of spice.
- 6 tablespoons lime juice
- 6 tablespoons chili powder
- 4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2-1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 6 cups unsalted cocktail peanuts
- Position racks in the upper and lower thirds of oven; preheat to 250°F.
- Whisk lime juice, chili powder, salt and cayenne in a large bowl. Add peanuts; toss to coat. Divide between 2 large rimmed baking sheets; spread in an even layer.
- Bake, stirring every 15 minutes, until dry, about 45 minutes. Let cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Store in an airtight container for up to 3 weeks.
Per 2-tablespoon serving: 110 calories; 9 g fat (1 g sat, 5 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 5 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 4 g protein; 2 g fiber; 104 mg sodium; 141 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 0
Exchanges: 2 fat
More From EatingWell
Boneless chicken thighs can take plenty of cooking without...
An outstanding salad dressing can take your salad from ho-hum...Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Who says entertaining has to be reserved for the weekend only...
Peanut butter is a healthy ingredient and more versatile than...
If you’re watching your sodium intake, these low-sodium snack...
When it comes to making healthy slow cooker chicken recipes,...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
When you’re watching your diet, snacking healthfully can keep...
Snacking (done right) can be a healthy way to curb your...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Pasta is a favorite comfort food—it’s quick, easy to cook and...
When the temperature drops and the days get shorter, there's...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Low-fat cottage cheese is a healthy addition that adds...
Pass on store-bought snacks that are loaded with fat and...
- Total Time
- 1 hour or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- Ease of Preparation
- November/December 2010