I have to say these were fantastic! Though I didn't make them exactly as posted. I didn't have the chili garlic sauce, so I took some salsa, red wine vinegar, cayenne pepper, and minced garlic, added the soy sauce and olive oil and ran it through a blender. Probably wasn't quite as hot as some of the other reviews here, but the were absolutely delicious!
Chile-Garlic Roasted Sweet Potatoes
From EatingWell: September/October 2009
Give ordinary roasted sweet potatoes a big flavor boost with this quick, Asian-inspired seasoning mix.
10 Reviews for Chile-Garlic Roasted Sweet Potatoes
Mine didn't stick but man were they spicy!!! I would definitely cut back on the chili garlic sauce. 1/2 Tbsp. would be more than enough I'm sure.
These were a snap to make. (Wash, chop, toss, roast...done.) Paired this with some wilted spinach and soy-garlic-marinated steak tips. I added an extra 1/2 tablespoon of chile-garlic sauce to please my other diner, who's a spicy food aficionado, and I'm glad I did. Easy, tasty...will definitely make again.
These turned out great! They were definitely spicy, but not too bad--I personally probably wouldn't use any less chili garlic sauce, but if you don't like that much spiciness then you might want to use 1/2 or 3/4 of a tablespoon instead of the full amount.
This is a great, really filling side dish. I like sweet potatoes much more with salty/spicy flavors than with the typical sweet. I found that they cooked much more evenly when I cut them into 1.5 inch cubes. Also, I would recommend lining your baking pan with tin foil, as the first time I made this, I didn't, and they all stuck to the pan.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)