Chile-Garlic Roasted Sweet Potatoes
From EatingWell: September/October 2009
Give ordinary roasted sweet potatoes a big flavor boost with this quick, Asian-inspired seasoning mix.
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil or canola oil
- 1 tablespoon chile-garlic sauce (see Note)
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes, scrubbed (and peeled, if desired), cut into 1-inch wedges or pieces
- Position rack in lower third of oven; preheat to 450°F.
- Combine oil, chile-garlic sauce, soy sauce and white pepper in a large bowl. Add sweet potatoes; toss to coat with the seasoning mixture.
- Spread the sweet potatoes evenly on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Roast, stirring once or twice, until the sweet potatoes are tender and browned, 20 to 25 minutes.
Tips & Notes
- Note: Chile-garlic sauce (also labeled chili-garlic sauce, or paste) is a blend of ground chiles, garlic and vinegar. It can be found in the Asian section of large supermarkets and will keep for up to 1 year in the refrigerator.
Per serving: 177 calories; 5 g fat (1 g sat, 4 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 31 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 3 g protein; 5 g fiber; 348 mg sodium; 586 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (160% daily value), Vitamin C (40% dv), Potassium (17% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...Icebox pies are an easy and popular summer dessert, yet they're...Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Turkey sausage is a healthy, leaner alternative to...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, potato/starch
- Ease of Preparation
- Preparation/ Technique
- September/October 2009
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)