Chile-Garlic Roasted Sweet Potatoes
From EatingWell: September/October 2009
Give ordinary roasted sweet potatoes a big flavor boost with this quick, Asian-inspired seasoning mix.
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil or canola oil
- 1 tablespoon chile-garlic sauce (see Note)
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes, scrubbed (and peeled, if desired), cut into 1-inch wedges or pieces
- Position rack in lower third of oven; preheat to 450°F.
- Combine oil, chile-garlic sauce, soy sauce and white pepper in a large bowl. Add sweet potatoes; toss to coat with the seasoning mixture.
- Spread the sweet potatoes evenly on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Roast, stirring once or twice, until the sweet potatoes are tender and browned, 20 to 25 minutes.
Tips & Notes
- Note: Chile-garlic sauce (also labeled chili-garlic sauce, or paste) is a blend of ground chiles, garlic and vinegar. It can be found in the Asian section of large supermarkets and will keep for up to 1 year in the refrigerator.
Per serving: 177 calories; 5 g fat (1 g sat, 4 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 31 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 3 g protein; 5 g fiber; 348 mg sodium; 586 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (160% daily value), Vitamin C (40% dv), Potassium (17% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
Ready in 30 minutes or less, these healthy spring recipes are...
Whether you’re making soup for an appetizer or a main-course...
Few things are more satisfying on a chilly night than a...
Asparagus is high in folic acid and is a good source of...
Comfort foods are notoriously high in calories and saturated...
Entertaining is made easy with these delicious brunch recipes...
Spend less time in the kitchen; plug in your crock pot! Slow...
Healthy dinners that fit in one bowl are quick and convenient...
There's nothing better than a quick, easy and affordable...
Our low-calorie comfort food recipes are soothing, comforting...
Your slow cooker is the perfect tool to prepare an easy meal...
If you’re hoping to get a better night’s sleep, try adding...
Everyone is Irish on St. Patrick’s Day! Celebrate this year...
If planning out quick and healthy meals for your family is a...
Adding lean protein, such as chicken, turkey, lean beef, low-...
Canned tuna is a quick, healthy and delicious option for...
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, potato/starch
- Ease of Preparation
- Preparation/ Technique
- September/October 2009