Chile-Garlic Roasted Sweet Potatoes
From EatingWell: September/October 2009
Give ordinary roasted sweet potatoes a big flavor boost with this quick, Asian-inspired seasoning mix.
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil or canola oil
- 1 tablespoon chile-garlic sauce (see Note)
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes, scrubbed (and peeled, if desired), cut into 1-inch wedges or pieces
- Position rack in lower third of oven; preheat to 450°F.
- Combine oil, chile-garlic sauce, soy sauce and white pepper in a large bowl. Add sweet potatoes; toss to coat with the seasoning mixture.
- Spread the sweet potatoes evenly on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Roast, stirring once or twice, until the sweet potatoes are tender and browned, 20 to 25 minutes.
Tips & Notes
- Note: Chile-garlic sauce (also labeled chili-garlic sauce, or paste) is a blend of ground chiles, garlic and vinegar. It can be found in the Asian section of large supermarkets and will keep for up to 1 year in the refrigerator.
Per serving: 177 calories; 5 g fat (1 g sat, 4 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 31 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 3 g protein; 5 g fiber; 348 mg sodium; 586 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (160% daily value), Vitamin C (40% dv), Potassium (17% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
Add these healthy and delicious recipes to your gluten-free...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
When the produce section looks bleak, turn to the freezer....
If you’re craving an easy dessert tonight, we have just what...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
Potassium plays a vital role in keeping your heart healthy...
Go beyond the gin and tonic this summer and mix up cocktails...
In the hot months of summer, cool down with a refreshing and...
Our nonalcoholic drink recipes, or “mocktails,” are festive...
Kick back and enjoy one of our delicious healthy summer punch...
During the busy workweek, these no-cook dinner recipes are...
Quinoa is a superfood that is packed with fiber and protein...
Fresh leeks are a delicious addition to many recipes. These...
Farmers’ markets and gardens are full of fresh and delicious...
Sardines (Pacific, wild-caught) are one of the healthiest...
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, potato/starch
- Ease of Preparation
- Preparation/ Technique
- September/October 2009