This was delicious. I'm definately going to make it again.
From EatingWell: June/July 2006
Our version of this enchilada-style chilaquiles casserole is packed with nutritious beans and vegetables. Canned prepared enchilada sauce has great flavor and keeps the prep time quick. It can vary in heat level so find one that suits your taste. If you want to eliminate the heat altogether, try a green enchilada sauce (which is often milder than red) or substitute two 8-ounce cans of plain tomato sauce.
160 Reviews for Chilaquiles Casserole
I adore this recipe so versitile. You can use hot enchildia if feeling spicey or add jalapeno. I do one half with chicken for are meat lovers and leave the other half Veg. Great eat it every three weeks or so! Yum
I am a chef at a private Montessori school. I use this recipe for the lunch program. The students and faculty love it. I did tweek the recipe a bit. I add refried black beans along with the whole black beans, makes it a little thicker. Also added cumin and salsa to the mix. I did not use enchillada sauce between each layer, only on top.
I didn't have any zucchini in the house, so I shredded about 3 cups of fresh spinach leaves and layered it in - amazing! I could make this again and just use the bean mixture for a taco filling- skip the bake time! Fast, easy, tasty (I added some ground chili pepper for a little more zip).
This is a great and easy casserole to make for almost any occation. My other half could not stop eating this. It is just the two of us and there were not many leftovers, so I thought I would have them from lunch the next day. No such luck, he had eaten the rest for breakfast. This recipe will be made as written many more times in this house.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)