I love this recipe though I make it with balsamic vinegar instead of red wine and I add at least half a cup each of olives with pimentos and prunes.
Chicken with Green Olives & Prunes
The delicious combination of sweet, tart and savory flavors makes a simple dish the star of a weeknight meal. Serve with whole-wheat couscous, to soak up the tasty sauce.
6 Reviews for Chicken with Green Olives & Prunes
I tried to follow this recipe to a "T," which I don't often do. In this case, I didn't measure the olives or prunes and probably used more than a quarter cup of each. I also had jarred salad olives on hand so i didn't use the type recommended in the recipe. Mom and I loved the results. The resulting broth was quite tasty and we needed something to soak it up. I think this chicken would be good served over pasta or rice. Next time, I will thicken the juice with a little arrowroot or cornstarch.
I loved this! Used green olives with pimentos instead of plain. Excellent!!
I made this last night for dinner served over orzo. I added double the olives and prunes. My family all found it quite delicious but my 25yr old son thought I should have added more prunes.
I added a ton of thyme and lemon and still super bland. Tried to fix it the next day with a ton of garlic and black pepper. Still bland. The prunes don't mix well with the olives even though I'm a fan of the salty sweet combo. Wouldn't make it again.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)