Chicken with Grapes & Mushrooms
From EatingWell: March/April 1993
Grapes often symbolize a plentiful harvest so this dish that joins red grapes, mushrooms and fresh tarragon with lean chicken breasts is a lovely way to celebrate fall.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, (1-1 1/4 pounds total), trimmed
- 2 cups seedless red grapes, sliced in half
- 4 ounces mushrooms, trimmed and sliced (2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon, or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Cut 4 pieces of parchment paper or foil about 12 inches by 16 inches each. Fold each in half to get an 8-by-12-inch rectangle, then cut it into a half-heart shape as you would to make a valentine. This is a papillote.
- Open the papillotes and place a chicken breast on one half of each opened paper (or foil) heart. Distribute grapes, mushrooms and tarragon over the chicken. Spoon a little brandy over the top and season with salt and pepper. Fold the other half of the heart over to cover the food and bring the edges together. Seal the package by crimping the cut edges together in a series of small, neat folds. Place on a baking sheet.
- Bake until the packages are puffed, 10 to 12 minutes. (You may want to open one package to check that the chicken is no longer pink inside.) Transfer to plates and let diners open their own packages.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Equipment: Parchment paper or foil
Per serving: 216 calories; 2 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 66 mg cholesterol; 15 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 28 g protein; 1 g fiber; 222 mg sodium; 531 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (33% daily value), Vitamin C (18% dv), Potassium (15% dv)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1 very lean meat
More From EatingWell
Onions are the perfect accompaniment to almost any savory...
Pesto is an easy way to add flavor without tons of extra...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Coffee is a healthy and flavorful addition to many desserts...
Coconut is a sweet addition to many healthy breakfast recipes...
The health perks of coffee only add to it's appeal for coffee...
If you’re looking for healthier food to enjoy during the...
Lentils are a versatile, budget-friendly and healthy addition...
Pork chops are a versatile and budget-friendly option for...
Apple recipes are a favorite fall fruit, whether you enjoy...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
If you like your food hot—spicy, that is—we've got some...
Mediterranean cuisine is delicious: it’s rich in fruits,...
This Valentine’s Day, stay in with the ones you love and make...
Ring in the Chinese New Year with these healthy Chinese...
From grilled steak to creamy chicken, our quick and healthy...
- New Year's Eve
- Entertaining, casual
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, poultry
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- March/April 1993