Chicken with Grapes & Mushrooms
From EatingWell: March/April 1993
Grapes often symbolize a plentiful harvest so this dish that joins red grapes, mushrooms and fresh tarragon with lean chicken breasts is a lovely way to celebrate fall.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, (1-1 1/4 pounds total), trimmed
- 2 cups seedless red grapes, sliced in half
- 4 ounces mushrooms, trimmed and sliced (2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon, or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Cut 4 pieces of parchment paper or foil about 12 inches by 16 inches each. Fold each in half to get an 8-by-12-inch rectangle, then cut it into a half-heart shape as you would to make a valentine. This is a papillote.
- Open the papillotes and place a chicken breast on one half of each opened paper (or foil) heart. Distribute grapes, mushrooms and tarragon over the chicken. Spoon a little brandy over the top and season with salt and pepper. Fold the other half of the heart over to cover the food and bring the edges together. Seal the package by crimping the cut edges together in a series of small, neat folds. Place on a baking sheet.
- Bake until the packages are puffed, 10 to 12 minutes. (You may want to open one package to check that the chicken is no longer pink inside.) Transfer to plates and let diners open their own packages.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Equipment: Parchment paper or foil
Per serving: 216 calories; 2 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 66 mg cholesterol; 15 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 28 g protein; 1 g fiber; 222 mg sodium; 531 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (33% daily value), Vitamin C (18% dv), Potassium (15% dv)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1 very lean meat
More From EatingWell
If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal idea for dinner...
Whether you’re celebrating Cinco de Mayo or throwing a...
Few things are closer to perfection than the first sweet...
Trying to clean up your diet? These low-calorie recipes are...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
This Memorial Day, throw a barbecue or picnic with these...
Try making a healthy summer dip recipe or summer salsa recipe...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Barbecue sauce, rubs and marinades are easy, healthy ways to...
Everyone loves a good, juicy burger recipe! But hamburgers...
As delicious as eating healthy can be, we all still crave our...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
- New Year's Eve
- Entertaining, casual
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, poultry
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- March/April 1993