IT WAS A VERY GOOD MEAL AND VERY TASTEFUL
Chicken, Mushroom & Wild Rice Casserole
From EatingWell: September/October 2010
In Minnesota, chicken, mushrooms and wild rice are often bound together in a casserole with cream of mushroom soup. We forgo the sodium-rich canned soup and make a light, creamy sauce that gets depth of flavor from dry sherry and Parmesan cheese. If you already have cooked chicken, use 4 cups and skip Step 2.
25 Reviews for Chicken, Mushroom & Wild Rice Casserole
I used 1 cup of rice per the reviews. We thought that this was very good comfort food. I don't really see the point in layering the ingredients as it doesn't hold its shape when serving. I think next time I would just mix the sauce, chicken, green beans and rice together and then top with the sliced almonds. I would definately make again.
Great recipe - would definitely make it again and now that I see the other comments about the 1 cup of rice I would do that too!
I too used almost 1 cup of wild rice. I made this casserole to share with my niece and her family and we all loved it. I also made one and froze it to send to college for my son to enjoy. It was a great comfort food and was nice to know it was a healthy dinner. The prep time is definitely worth the end product.
I followed this recipe almost exactly (except I used 1 cup of wild rice instead of the 1/2 cup listed. I thought that was a lot of liquid for the amount of rice they gave). My husband and I really liked this recipe. In fact we had the leftovers for breakfast. It has a great taste. The sliced almonds on top were good. The only drawback is that it's not "as pretty" as some dishes which I think is because of the mushrooms. I would make this recipe again.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)