This was a great recipe! I left out the raw zucchini, as I'm not fond of it. I used arugula and radicchio as the greens. I also made homemade Fresh Herbal Vinaigrette as the dressing. A good dressing can make or break a salad. Homemade is usually best. This recipe is a keeper!
Chicken & White Bean Salad
From EatingWell: May/June 2010
Zucchini and celery give this chicken-and-bean salad a nice crunch. We like serving it over a bed of slightly bitter escarole and radicchio, but any type of salad greens will work. Recipe by Nancy Baggett for EatingWell.
11 Reviews for Chicken & White Bean Salad
I substituted chopped ham for 1/3 of the chicken and used Paul Newman's Italian dressing with a clove of garlic, and people did like it. One person asked for the recipe.
I have to admit I didn't love this salad as much as I thought I would when I read the recipe. I found the vinaigrette a bit overpowering and wasn't fond of the ricotta salata. Overall though the salad was flavorful and fresh. I would like to make it again with a few adjustments I think the feta would be nice in the salad and a lemon & olive oil dress might lighten up the flavor.
I think i will try it for lunch it seems safe for children and adults
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- What Does a 1,500-Calorie Diet Look Like? (84 comments)
- EatingWell 28 Day Meal Plan Help (50 comments)
- EatingWell 7-Day Meal Plan Help (32 comments)
- Week #1: Are You Ready for a Change? (30 comments)
- Bottled Water vs. Tap (29 comments)
- EatingWell Magazine Digital Subscriptions or Single Issue Copies (28 comments)
- 3 Antidotes to Overeating (24 comments)
- The Wild Salmon Debate (21 comments)
- 7 Steps to Permanent Weight Loss (20 comments)
- Boost Fiber to Slim Down (18 comments)