I added a can of black beans that were rinsed and a cup of fresh corn - Loved it! I season my chicken with some blackening seasoning and sauted it up and then the veggies in the same oil and seasoning. Yummy!!
Chicken Tortilla Soup
From EatingWell: The EatingWell Healthy in a Hurry Cookbook (2006)
Making soups may have once been an all-day affair, but here's a great example of how a few choice convenience products can renovate an old favorite for our modern, hectic lives. Some frozen vegetables, a few canned tomatoes and canned broth--and voila! a Tex-Mex favorite in minutes.
4 Reviews for Chicken Tortilla Soup
This is a very quick, easy and tasty soup. I added about a cup of southwestern frozen vege. mix when I put the chicken back in the 2nd time. I also added a sprinkle of Adobo seasoning.
I LOVE LOVE LOVE this soup!! I make it all the time and eveyone just cant get enough of it. One of the best soups I have ever had!!! Two thumbs up
I make my life easy by having cooked chicken in the freezer and just adding it to this recipe. It is so delicious on a cool or cold day. My family loves this soup.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)