Can I use lowfat or fat-free milk, or bottled "light" blue- cheese salad dressing, in place of the buttermilk? I just don't buy/use/"like" it.
Oven-Fried Chicken on a Stick
From EatingWell: July/August 2011
Here’s a fun way to serve oven-fried chicken for a picnic: put it on a stick. It’s fabulous served with this homemade Vidalia onion and honey-mustard sauce, but it’s also great with barbecue sauce or Frank’s hot sauce. This is an easy recipe to double if you’re serving a crowd.
2 Reviews for Oven-Fried Chicken on a Stick
Use this for a fun casual dinner with family and omit the step of skewering the meat. I adjusted the recipe to use one one package of Costco chicken breasts. The package contains 2 breasts and made four servings. I served the strips with lowfat spicy marinara for dipping. the meal was complete with an assortment of fresh vegetables and low fat creamy dip.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- What Does a 1,500-Calorie Diet Look Like? (84 comments)
- EatingWell 28 Day Meal Plan Help (50 comments)
- EatingWell 7-Day Meal Plan Help (32 comments)
- Week #1: Are You Ready for a Change? (30 comments)
- Bottled Water vs. Tap (29 comments)
- EatingWell Magazine Digital Subscriptions or Single Issue Copies (28 comments)
- 3 Antidotes to Overeating (24 comments)
- The Wild Salmon Debate (21 comments)
- 7 Steps to Permanent Weight Loss (20 comments)
- Boost Fiber to Slim Down (18 comments)