Can I use lowfat or fat-free milk, or bottled "light" blue- cheese salad dressing, in place of the buttermilk? I just don't buy/use/"like" it.
Oven-Fried Chicken on a Stick
From EatingWell: July/August 2011
Here’s a fun way to serve oven-fried chicken for a picnic: put it on a stick. It’s fabulous served with this homemade Vidalia onion and honey-mustard sauce, but it’s also great with barbecue sauce or Frank’s hot sauce. This is an easy recipe to double if you’re serving a crowd.
2 Reviews for Oven-Fried Chicken on a Stick
Use this for a fun casual dinner with family and omit the step of skewering the meat. I adjusted the recipe to use one one package of Costco chicken breasts. The package contains 2 breasts and made four servings. I served the strips with lowfat spicy marinara for dipping. the meal was complete with an assortment of fresh vegetables and low fat creamy dip.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)