I served this last night and it was a huge hit. Yes, the flavors are subtle, but that' part of it's charm. It was creamy and the flavor of the leeks and mushrooms came through to create a very sophisticated dish. Even better, it was quite easy!
Chicken Saute with Creamy Mushroom & Leek Sauce
Here is one simple technique that guarantees juicy results every time. First, pound the chicken: making it thinner ensures quick and even cooking. Next, dredge the chicken lightly in seasoned flour, which helps it turn deep golden brown when sauteed. After the chicken is cooked, deglaze the skillet with broth, wine or a little water to make a pan sauce. The liquid loosens the flavor-boosting browned bits from the bottom of the pan, making a tastier sauce.
4 Reviews for Chicken Saute with Creamy Mushroom & Leek Sauce
THis was actually better than I thought it would be. The only thing I will do differently next time is crisp up the chicken more. Per receipe instructions, you are to cook the chicken first, then set aside and keep warm. Well, The chicken did get a little soggy while waiting for the cream sauce.
Also, I doubled the amount of Dijon and sour cream (I was using fat free) and it came out real savory.
I found this dish disappointing. It looks much better than it tastes, which is fairly bland and boring. It's possible that tripling the amount of Dijon mustard might help, but it's difficult to tell. Might not be a bad idea to also add a tablespoon of something punchy, like capers.
I made this dish for my boyfriend and he loved it :) he said it was the best dish he's ever had... I have to say this was an awesome recipe.. simple to cook but comes out like something you'd get served in a good restaurant..
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)