My fiance loved this dish. He requests it! I took the other's advice and precooked the potatoes and they turned out fine. I recommend using the Sweet Apple Sausage. I never had that before and I love it.
Chicken Sausage with Potatoes & Sauerkraut
From EatingWell: March/April 2011
Here’s our weeknight version of choucroute garni, “dressed sauerkraut,” made with chicken sausage. The flavor of the dish will vary depending on what type of chicken sausage you choose. We like the taste of roasted garlic sausage or sweet apple sausage in this recipe. And although any type of sauerkraut can be used, we prefer the crisp texture of refrigerated kraut over canned. Serve with roasted carrots and some mustard to spread on the sausage.
6 Reviews for Chicken Sausage with Potatoes & Sauerkraut
precook potatos in oven for half hour n 425. i like my potatos soft and they came out almost raw with this recipe, also i dont keep wine in the house so i used 2tbs apple cider vinegar and the rest water to replace it, came out very good, will always use apple cider vinigar when making again.
This turned out really delicious. It is a good use for sauerkraut. I, also, found that it took much longer to cook the potatoes, and I used Yukon Gold. Will definitely make this again.
Very tasty. A lot like comfort food for those of us who grew up eating 'kraut on holidays. The only thing that I will do differently next time is perhaps precook the potatoes a bit in the microwave to cut down on cooking time.
My husband and I both enjoyed this meal. I also used a smoked beef sausage that I had on hand. I also used red potatoes and had to let it cook a little longer but it turned out great. Will definately make this one again!
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)