Chicken Salad Wraps
Guaranteed crowd-pleasers, these wraps are perfect for leftover grilled chicken. The distinctive salty flavor from the fish sauce is balanced by fresh mint and lemon juice.
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup fish sauce, (see Ingredient note)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 8 6-inch flour tortillas
- 4 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken, (12 ounces)
- 1 large ripe tomato, cut into thin wedges
- 1 cup grated carrots, (2 medium)
- 2/3 cup chopped scallions, (1 bunch)
- 2/3 cup slivered fresh mint
- Whisk lemon juice, fish sauce, sugar, garlic and crushed red pepper in a small bowl until sugar is dissolved.
- Preheat oven to 325° F. Wrap tortillas in foil and heat in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes, until softened and heated through. Keep warm.
- Combine lettuce, chicken, tomato, carrots, scallions and mint in a large bowl. Add 1/3 cup of the dressing; toss to coat.
- Set out the chicken mixture, tortillas and the remaining dressing for diners to assemble wraps at the table. Serve immediately.
Tips & Notes
- Ingredient note: A pungent, soy sauce-like condiment used throughout Southeast Asia, fish sauce is made from fermented, salted fish. Available in large supermarkets and in Asian markets.
- To warm tortillas in a microwave, stack between two damp paper towels; microwave on high for 30 to 60 seconds, or until heated through.
Per serving: 439 calories; 9 g fat (2 g sat, 4 g mono); 89 mg cholesterol; 49 g carbohydrates; 40 g protein; 5 g fiber; 1018 mg sodium; 783 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: 140% dv vitamin a, 31 mg vitamin c (50% dv), 179 mcg folate (45% dv), 4 mg iron (25% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 3
Exchanges: 3 stach, 1 vegetable, 3 lean meat
More From EatingWell
Boneless chicken thighs can take plenty of cooking without...
An outstanding salad dressing can take your salad from ho-hum...Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Who says entertaining has to be reserved for the weekend only...
Peanut butter is a healthy ingredient and more versatile than...
If you’re watching your sodium intake, these low-sodium snack...
When it comes to making healthy slow cooker chicken recipes,...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
When you’re watching your diet, snacking healthfully can keep...
Snacking (done right) can be a healthy way to curb your...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Pasta is a favorite comfort food—it’s quick, easy to cook and...
When the temperature drops and the days get shorter, there's...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Low-fat cottage cheese is a healthy addition that adds...
Pass on store-bought snacks that are loaded with fat and...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique