Chicken Salad Wraps
Guaranteed crowd-pleasers, these wraps are perfect for leftover grilled chicken. The distinctive salty flavor from the fish sauce is balanced by fresh mint and lemon juice.
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup fish sauce, (see Ingredient note)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 8 6-inch flour tortillas
- 4 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken, (12 ounces)
- 1 large ripe tomato, cut into thin wedges
- 1 cup grated carrots, (2 medium)
- 2/3 cup chopped scallions, (1 bunch)
- 2/3 cup slivered fresh mint
- Whisk lemon juice, fish sauce, sugar, garlic and crushed red pepper in a small bowl until sugar is dissolved.
- Preheat oven to 325° F. Wrap tortillas in foil and heat in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes, until softened and heated through. Keep warm.
- Combine lettuce, chicken, tomato, carrots, scallions and mint in a large bowl. Add 1/3 cup of the dressing; toss to coat.
- Set out the chicken mixture, tortillas and the remaining dressing for diners to assemble wraps at the table. Serve immediately.
Tips & Notes
- Ingredient note: A pungent, soy sauce-like condiment used throughout Southeast Asia, fish sauce is made from fermented, salted fish. Available in large supermarkets and in Asian markets.
- To warm tortillas in a microwave, stack between two damp paper towels; microwave on high for 30 to 60 seconds, or until heated through.
Per serving: 439 calories; 9 g fat (2 g sat, 4 g mono); 89 mg cholesterol; 49 g carbohydrates; 40 g protein; 5 g fiber; 1018 mg sodium; 783 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: 140% dv vitamin a, 31 mg vitamin c (50% dv), 179 mcg folate (45% dv), 4 mg iron (25% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 3
Exchanges: 3 stach, 1 vegetable, 3 lean meat
More From EatingWell
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
Add these healthy and delicious recipes to your gluten-free...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
When the produce section looks bleak, turn to the freezer....
If you’re craving an easy dessert tonight, we have just what...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
Potassium plays a vital role in keeping your heart healthy...
Go beyond the gin and tonic this summer and mix up cocktails...
In the hot months of summer, cool down with a refreshing and...
Our nonalcoholic drink recipes, or “mocktails,” are festive...
Kick back and enjoy one of our delicious healthy summer punch...
During the busy workweek, these no-cook dinner recipes are...
Quinoa is a superfood that is packed with fiber and protein...
Fresh leeks are a delicious addition to many recipes. These...
Farmers’ markets and gardens are full of fresh and delicious...
Sardines (Pacific, wild-caught) are one of the healthiest...
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- Ease of Preparation