Chicken Salad Wraps
Guaranteed crowd-pleasers, these wraps are perfect for leftover grilled chicken. The distinctive salty flavor from the fish sauce is balanced by fresh mint and lemon juice.
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup fish sauce, (see Ingredient note)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 8 6-inch flour tortillas
- 4 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken, (12 ounces)
- 1 large ripe tomato, cut into thin wedges
- 1 cup grated carrots, (2 medium)
- 2/3 cup chopped scallions, (1 bunch)
- 2/3 cup slivered fresh mint
- Whisk lemon juice, fish sauce, sugar, garlic and crushed red pepper in a small bowl until sugar is dissolved.
- Preheat oven to 325° F. Wrap tortillas in foil and heat in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes, until softened and heated through. Keep warm.
- Combine lettuce, chicken, tomato, carrots, scallions and mint in a large bowl. Add 1/3 cup of the dressing; toss to coat.
- Set out the chicken mixture, tortillas and the remaining dressing for diners to assemble wraps at the table. Serve immediately.
Tips & Notes
- Ingredient note: A pungent, soy sauce-like condiment used throughout Southeast Asia, fish sauce is made from fermented, salted fish. Available in large supermarkets and in Asian markets.
- To warm tortillas in a microwave, stack between two damp paper towels; microwave on high for 30 to 60 seconds, or until heated through.
Per serving: 439 calories; 9 g fat (2 g sat, 4 g mono); 89 mg cholesterol; 49 g carbohydrates; 40 g protein; 5 g fiber; 1018 mg sodium; 783 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: 140% dv vitamin a, 31 mg vitamin c (50% dv), 179 mcg folate (45% dv), 4 mg iron (25% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 3
Exchanges: 3 stach, 1 vegetable, 3 lean meat
More From EatingWell
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
Potato salad is a favorite summer dish, but classic versions...
It’s no wonder that the Mediterranean diet is considered to...
Enjoy the world’s healthiest diet with these delicious...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Berries and fresh summer fruit star in our healthy homemade...
Pork tenderloin is an easy and healthy addition to your...
Our healthy pepper recipes, including recipes for bell...
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
For a quick and healthy dinner, make one of our easy stir-fry...
While nothing quite beats eating quickly boiled or grilled...
From healthy blueberry muffins and blueberry pancakes topped...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique