I'm not the best cook, but this recipe turned out amazing! It was easy and absolutely delicious! Who knew eating well could taste so darn good! :)
Chicken Piccata with Pasta & Mushrooms
From EatingWell: January/February 2008
Our chicken piccata, served over whole-wheat pasta, has a rich lemon-caper sauce that's made with extra-virgin olive oil and just a touch of butter for flavor. If you like, you can use a mild fish like tilapia or even shrimp instead of chicken breast.
80 Reviews for Chicken Piccata with Pasta & Mushrooms
This was an easy recipe that yielded a lot of flavor! I used whole wheat flour instead of all-purpose and was worried that might mess it up, but it came out fine.
This will definately go into my healthy recipe file. As a diabetic, anything white is like eating sugar so I used organic whole wheat flour instead of white and spelt pasta.
I took out the capers and parsley. I used non-fat cooking spray instead of oil. The lemon was a bit strong, so I added a tsp. of brown sugar and a tbls. of low-sodium soy sauce. My husband and I loved it!
I made this last night for dinner. I am a beginner when it comes to cooking, but this was easy and so delicious. I left out the capers and added sauteed broccoli with the mushrooms. My boyfriend said it was the best meal I have ever cooked to date!
Also, I didn't used lemon pepper instead of salt and I thought that was a lot better than adding any salt to it.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)