This is my favorite dinner. This is a great starting recipe as well. I have made it enough now that I add more lemon and capers based on my tastes. I also just grill my chicken with no flour. But this is a great revision of a potentially very unhealthy dish.
Chicken Piccata with Pasta & Mushrooms
From EatingWell: January/February 2008
Our chicken piccata, served over whole-wheat pasta, has a rich lemon-caper sauce that's made with extra-virgin olive oil and just a touch of butter for flavor. If you like, you can use a mild fish like tilapia or even shrimp instead of chicken breast.
80 Reviews for Chicken Piccata with Pasta & Mushrooms
OUTSTANDING! I would put this sauce on anything, I made it with green beans and I as well as my whole family are in LOVE! Cannot wait to make this again!
Excellent recipe! I added a bit of oregano and red bell pepper (for more nutrition), and it turned out great! This recipe is a keeper.
I had to do some tweaking to this recipe so my family would eat it. I added 1 cup of frozen peas and 1/4 cup grated Parmesian cheese. After tasting the sauce I had to add more broth and wine to dilute the lemon flavor which was way too strong. I also cut the capers down to 1 tbsp. and diced them first. I will make this gain but only with the modifications.
I made this for my family and we did not like it at all.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)