My husband and I both LOVED the chicken, but hated the dipping sauce. The flavors of the sauce just didn't seem to blend well. We enjoyed dipping them in a spicy BBQ sauce. Chicken had great flavor, wasn't dry, and wasn't greasy.
Cornmeal-Crusted Chicken Nuggets with Blackberry Mustard
From EatingWell: July/August 2010
Tossing chicken tenders with cornmeal gives these chicken nuggets great crunch without deep-frying. Blackberries (or raspberries, if you prefer) combined with whole-grain mustard make for a sweet-and-savory dipping sauce. Serve with: Steamed broccoli and carrots.
30 Reviews for Cornmeal-Crusted Chicken Nuggets with Blackberry Mustard
Since we have been dieting I have been trying all kinds of healthy recipes from online and so far this is our favorite. We have made it twice now and I am making it again this week. So Yummy!
An absolute favorite! I will never again buy frozen breaded chicken nuggets. These beat those by a mile.
It's unfair to critique a recipe that you haven't tried; what's the point? FYI, pan frying in a very small amount of heart healthy olive oil seems like a better idea than spraying them with whatever is used to artificially flavor the butter spray. If you insist on baking, spray them with olive or canola oil and use a high temp in the oven.
what can i use instead of cornmeal?
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- What Does a 1,500-Calorie Diet Look Like? (85 comments)
- EatingWell 28 Day Meal Plan Help (50 comments)
- EatingWell 7-Day Meal Plan Help (32 comments)
- Week #1: Are You Ready for a Change? (30 comments)
- Bottled Water vs. Tap (29 comments)
- EatingWell Magazine Digital Subscriptions or Single Issue Copies (28 comments)
- 3 Antidotes to Overeating (24 comments)
- The Wild Salmon Debate (21 comments)
- 7 Steps to Permanent Weight Loss (20 comments)
- Boost Fiber to Slim Down (18 comments)