what can i use instead of cornmeal?
Cornmeal-Crusted Chicken Nuggets with Blackberry Mustard
From EatingWell: July/August 2010
Tossing chicken tenders with cornmeal gives these chicken nuggets great crunch without deep-frying. Blackberries (or raspberries, if you prefer) combined with whole-grain mustard make for a sweet-and-savory dipping sauce. Serve with: Steamed broccoli and carrots.
30 Reviews for Cornmeal-Crusted Chicken Nuggets with Blackberry Mustard
After lightly coating the chicken nuggets with the cornmeal, generously spray both the baking dish and the nuggets. Bake at 325 degrees F. for 15 minutes. Check to make sure. This is a wonderful recipe, loved the wholegrain mustard and crushed blackberry sauce!!
I really liked this recipe. The only change to the recipe I made was I did not have regular stone ground mustard, I only had a horseradish ground mustard so I decided to try it. It was fantastic, very nice bite with the sweetness of the berries.
The whole family liked this meal. We only needed about half the sauce that was made, so I froze the leftover sauce for next time. There was no leftover chicken!
Super recipe - flavorful and not at all oily. It's very easy and the flavor combination is unique enough to be and easy crowd pleaser.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)