My husband and I both LOVED the chicken, but hated the dipping sauce. The flavors of the sauce just didn't seem to blend well. We enjoyed dipping them in a spicy BBQ sauce. Chicken had great flavor, wasn't dry, and wasn't greasy.
Cornmeal-Crusted Chicken Nuggets with Blackberry Mustard
From EatingWell: July/August 2010
Tossing chicken tenders with cornmeal gives these chicken nuggets great crunch without deep-frying. Blackberries (or raspberries, if you prefer) combined with whole-grain mustard make for a sweet-and-savory dipping sauce. Serve with: Steamed broccoli and carrots.
30 Reviews for Cornmeal-Crusted Chicken Nuggets with Blackberry Mustard
Since we have been dieting I have been trying all kinds of healthy recipes from online and so far this is our favorite. We have made it twice now and I am making it again this week. So Yummy!
An absolute favorite! I will never again buy frozen breaded chicken nuggets. These beat those by a mile.
It's unfair to critique a recipe that you haven't tried; what's the point? FYI, pan frying in a very small amount of heart healthy olive oil seems like a better idea than spraying them with whatever is used to artificially flavor the butter spray. If you insist on baking, spray them with olive or canola oil and use a high temp in the oven.
what can i use instead of cornmeal?
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)